Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Zyloprim reduces the production of uric acid in your body. Uric acid buildup can lead to gout or kidney stones. Generic Zyloprim is used to treat gout or kidney stones, and to decrease levels of uric acid in people who are receiving cancer treatment.
Generic Zyloprim is used in the treatment of gout; calcium oxalate calculi with hyperuricosuria; hyperuricemia secondary to chemotherapy and belongs to the drug classes antigout agents, antihyperuricemic agents
How to take
Generic Zyloprim comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once or twice a day, preferably after a meal. Take Allopurinol exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Continue to take Allopurinol even if you feel well.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Zyloprim and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild;
- pain or bleeding when you urinate;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, weight loss, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- joint pain, flu symptoms;
- severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness; or
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin.
Less serious side effects may include:
- vomiting, diarrhea;
- drowsiness, headache;
- changes in your sense of taste; or
- muscle pain.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
Generic Zyloprim may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may worsen your condition.
Your doctor may recommend a special diet to help treat your condition. Follow your diet and medication routines very closely.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- azathioprine (Imuran);
- chlorpropamide (Diabinese);
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Sandimmune, Neoral);
- mercaptopurine (Purinethol);
- an antibiotic such as ampicillin (Principen, Omnipen, others) or amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin, Trimox, Wymox);
- a blood thinner such as dicoumarol or warfarin (Coumadin); or
- a diuretic (water pill).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Zyloprim.
Store Generic Zyloprim at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Generic Zyloprim out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
“I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”