Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Betoptic is used to treat open-angle glaucoma and other causes of high pressure inside the eye.
How to take
Use Generic Betoptic exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the instructions on your prescription label.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- severe swelling, itching, burning, redness, pain, or discomfort in or around your eye;
- drainage, crusting, or oozing of your eyes or eyelids;
- bronchospasm (wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing);
- slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, slow breathing (breathing may stop);
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion; or
- swelling, rapid weight gain.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild burning, stinging, itching, or discomfort of your eyes;
- dry eyes, blurred vision;
- mildly swollen or puffy eyes;
- feeling like something is in your eye;
- headache, dizziness, spinning sensation;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- muscle weakness; or
- altered sense of taste or smell.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Generic Betoptic can cause blurred vision. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be able to see clearly.
Generic Betoptic is sometimes given together with other eye medications. Do not use any other eye medication unless your doctor has prescribed it for you.
Before using Generic Betoptic, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- oral betaxolol (Blocadren);
- digoxin (digitalis, Lanoxin);
- Generic Insulin or diabetes medications you take by mouth;
- any other beta-blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin), bisoprolol (Zebeta), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), timolol (Blocadren), and others;
- a calcium channel blocker such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Tiazac, Cartia, Cardizem), felodipine (Plendil), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia, Adalat), Generic verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan); or
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), haloperidol (Haldol), or thioridazine (Mellaril).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Betoptic.
Use the medication as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and use the medicine at the next regularly scheduled time. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store this medication at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
“I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”